POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eavesdropping WIP - radiosity issues : Re: Eavesdropping WIP - radiosity issues Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:38:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eavesdropping WIP - radiosity issues
From: Skip Talbot
Date: 14 Sep 2006 13:00:15
Message: <45098a9f$1@news.povray.org>
Is that texturing you added to the columns and tiles or is that the
artifacting?  If it is, it almost looks like a nice texture.  ;)

Typically I drop the recursion limit down to 1 or 2 and jack the count
setting way up.  Although a significant portion of your image is in the
shadow, and with the nooks and crannies in the architecture you are
using, keeping it at 3 is probably best.  You might want to try 2 and
see if you can get away with it.  The reason you'd want to lower it is
to save time, because your count is way too low.  I'd bump up to 1000 at
least, and at a recursion limit of 3 thats going to take forever.

The biggest factor here might be your error bound.  A value of 0.1 is
very accurate and requires a very high count (and ages to render).
Maxing out at 1600 you are still going to see artifacts probably.  I'd
raise that up to at least 0.5 and you might want to go all the way to 1.
  Your lighting won't be as accurate but it will be much smoother.
Remember, as your error bound lowers, the count has to go up.

Nearest count could also be increased to take a few artifacts out.

Skip